Friday, July 29, 2011

San Diego Post-Game

Had a FANTASTIC time out at Comic-Con International, seeing a lot of pals (and reconnecting with some, as well), and seeing a lot of YOU guys. There was a really nice, positive feeling around the DC booth-- I kept hearing that from everybody-- and people were very kind about all the redesign stuff I've been doing for the New52 DC Relaunch.

And I think the thing I loved the most was the new Drawing Demo feature at the DC booth. They mike us up, stick us up on a stage with a camera pointed at our hands and a big screen behind us, and they turn us loose. I did four of them, one a day, and I got to see great artists like Jim Lee, Jill Thompson, Francis Manapul, Mark Buckingham, and Chris Burnham doing them, too, drawing very interested and appreciative crowds, let me tell you. I hope DC keeps doing them.

I also did a couple of panels, "Designing the New 52," with Mark Chiarello and Jim; and "Drawing DC," with Mark, Jim, and my old pal/roomie/studiomate Adam Hughes. It was really... cool. I can't think of a better word-- it was just cool.

Here's the audio from both "Designing the New 52" and "Drawing DC," along with some pix from the panels and demos below (courtesy DC Comics and Tom Taylor)
















No comments: