Thursday, July 7, 2011

Designing The New DCU At Comic-Con International

So, DC just released their panel sked for Comic-Con, and despite saying I'd be skipping this year, turns out I'll be in San Diego after all. DC decided it'd be worthwhile to have me alongside DC's Co-publisher Jim Lee and DC's VP of Art Direction & Design Mark Chiarello to discuss the task of redesigning so many of DC characters (and sign at the DC booth, of course):

1:45-2:45 Designing the New DCU
Moderator: Bob Wayne EDITOR: Jim Lee
What does it take to remake a universe? There are new stories, new characters, and especially new designs! Join DC’s Co-Publisher Jim Lee, VP – Art and Design Mark Chiarello, exclusive artist Cully Hamner and others for a look as they discuss their visual approach to reshaping the DC Universe! Room 6DE


Now, I won't be sitting anywhere outside DC. Since this is on short notice, I'll have no booth or table space, and I won't be doing my normal, fully-realized commissions. I'll only be signing and doing quick sketches at DC, maybe a few portfolio reviews if anyone asks. I'll post DC's signing schedule as soon as I get it.

Anyway, can't wait to see you all there!

apollo_sktch_lorez



No comments: