Wednesday, July 13, 2011

UPDATED: Cully's Updated Sked For COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL

Well, I must say it's nice to have no work secrets to be kept anymore. Pretty much everything I've been involved with this year-- mainly the SHADE kickoff and the design work on DC's New 52-- has been on the down-low. So, it'll be nice to be on hand with DC in San Diego to talk about all this stuff freely.

Anyway, my panel-and-booth schedule for the show has been finalized:

Thursday, July 21

2-3pm – DRAWING DEMO (Stage/DC booth #1915)

Friday, July 22

3-4pm – DRAWING DEMO (Stage/DC booth #1915)

Saturday, July 23

12:00-1:00pm - SIGNING (DC booth #1915)

2-3pm – DRAWING DEMO (Stage/DC booth #1915)

Sunday, July 24

11:30-12:30pm - DRAWING DEMO (Stage/DC booth #1915)

1:45-2:45pm – PANEL: DESIGNING THE NEW 52 (Room 6DE)

4-5pm – PANEL: DRAWING DC (Room 30CDE)

You'll notice that I'm not doing any time at an Artist's Alley or exhibitor's space. This is partly by design. I was initially going to take a break from the show this year, but with all that's been happening, DC decided about a month ago that I ought to be there, and I agreed. Last year, as you'll recall, I was out to help promote RED, and found that I had no time to do what I normally do at any other con (like occupy a table, sign books, do commissions, and basically just chat with folks). It was unlike any con experience I'd ever had-- I got to glimpse SDCC from the VIP side of things for a change, and it was just very managed and... different. And while I'm sure that helping to promote all the excitement at DC right now won't hit that level for me this year, there's still a lot going on.

So, I'm considering myself sort of "on call" for DC this time out. No table for me, specifically, no sketch list this time. I'll only be officially signing the last day, but if you catch me on the floor somewhere, and you want a book or two signed, please ask, and I'll be happy to oblige!

No comments: