Thursday, December 16, 2010

Emerald City Con Charity Piece

I'll be at Seattle's Emerald City Comic Con in March-- a great show the one other time I've been, and from what I hear, it's only gotten bigger and better, with a TON of great guests. Anyhoo, con honcho (concho?) Jim Demonakos asked me to contribute a piece to their Monsters & Dames book, which raises money for the Seattle Children's Hospital. How could I say no to that?

So, here's what I did. Started with a li'l sketch, of course:





















Penciled and inked version...





















...And finally the finished colors.





















It's really a worthy cause, so if you're going to be there at the show, please pick up one of these books.

Oh, and MANY thanks to Jim for so patiently putting up with the endless delays in my getting him this piece. :)

1 comment:

Taylor said...

It's nice that it's for charity, and I think you did a nice job. Somehow I think Meaghan would get a kick out of this illustration concept.