Thursday, August 12, 2010

Three Years.



It's a little hard to accept that today it's been three whole years since we all lost our pal-- MY pal-- Mike Wieringo. You know how they say that there are certain events that are seared forever in your memory, and you'll always remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when they happened? People usually say Pearl Harbor, the JFK Assassination, and 9/11. For me, I'll always add the day I heard that Mikey had passed away. It was just devastating, as I'm sure you can imagine. And while I'm really pretty at peace with it now, I'm not sure I'll ever truly be over losing the guy-- even now, when posting the pic you see below, I still tear up a little. Mikey meant a lot to many, not least of which me. So much great stuff has happened with me over the last few years, and what still hurts is that I can't share it with him they way we used to share things.

Mikey, as ever, you are missed, my friend.

4 comments:

Wade von Grawbadger said...

I can't believe it's been three years all ready. He is truly missed.

EmCee said...

so not fair.

Paul Rogers said...

Well said Cully, so many of us feel the same.

P.J. Magalhães said...

I really miss his art, since i never met the man. But he meant much more to me than that since every time i saw his art he made me want to draw. I miss that too. :(