Okay, here's what I know (which is probably what a lot of you already know):
1) RED, the 2003 comic by Warren Ellis and me, is going to be a feature film from Summit Entertainment, and produced by Lorenzo diBonaventura and Mark Vahradian. The writers are Jon and Erich Hoeber, and the director is Robert Schwentke.
2) The announced cast, as of today, is headed by Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, and Helen Mirren. I'm sure there are others, but to my knowledge, they haven't yet been revealed. *Update 11/5* Hollywood Reporter has added Weeds' Mary Louise Parker and Walk Hard's John C. Reilly. *Update 11/13* HR has now also added Julian McMahon, Ernest Borgnine, Richard Dreyfuss and Brian Cox. *Update 12/15* Actor James Remar has been added to the cast. *Update 12/21* According to Mania.com, STAR TREK'S Karl Urban joins the cast.
3) The film starts shooting in Toronto on January 11th, 2010, and will continue in Louisiana.
4) The release date has previously been reported November 19th, 2010. Summit has now officially pegged the release for a month earlier, on October 22nd. 2010.
5) No, I am not involved in the production. I'm angling for a set visit, though. We'll see.
6) Yes, I'm aware that there apparently going to be changes to our original story, and no, I'm not angry about it. It was a tight little comic, perfect for its format, but frankly, I don't see how it can be adapted to film without some revision. It's in the way that it's done, and I won't judge until I've seen what they're gonna do.
So, there you have it. I'll update the FAQ periodically, as various folks continue to send info my way.