Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mikey.

Didn't want to let the day pass without remembering my friend-- everyone's friend-- Mike Wieringo.

http://blog.news-record.com/staff/culture/Mike%20Wieringo-thumb.jpg

Mikey passed away two years ago today. This business is surely much poorer without his talent adorning it, and while the lives of his friends and family have since scabbed over and marched on... I think I can safely say we all still keenly feel the loss. I still think of him often, and I know others do.

Here's to you, Mike.

9 comments:

Lan Pitts said...

God bless this man as he has blessed us with his talent and friendship.

Will Rosado said...

I think of Ringo a lot. Even though I didn't know him that well I do remember meeting him in San Diego(with you) and the subsequent cons over the years. We chatted here and there on forums and such. great spirit.

Cully Hamner said...

Yeah, he really was just the greatest, wasn't he?

Parker said...

Well said, Cully.

jasongwinn28 said...

Well said, Cully. I never met him personally, but I've never heard or read a bad word about Mike Weringo. I know he is sorely missed.

Wade von Grawbadger said...

I was so fortunate to have been able to reconnect with him just prior.... He really was a great guy. Reminds you that you really need to take some time out and say "hi" to people you care about but haven't spoken to in a while. Not only did I have so much to learn from him artistically, he was accidentally teaching me other things as well.

Cully Hamner said...

Accidental teaching is the best, 'cause it means you're leading by example.

And hey, Wade!

rhombus said...

Completely overlooked the date today, but was thinking of Mike quite a bit as I was trekking around our old Artamus digs this morning. Can't walk around there still without thinking about the good times we used to have drawing funny books together.

Lew Morgan said...

R.I.P. Mike.

Though you're gone, you are not forgotten.